I want to thank you for expressing interest in working with Agape Home Fellowship as we take the Gospel to all nations (Mark 16:15). None of us can do this mission alone. Jesus Himself sent out 12 (Matthew 10, Luke 9), then 72 (Luke 10), and He sent them two by two. Ecclesiastes 4:12 tells us “And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”
We need ministry partners. This earth is a big place and it has 7.5 billion people on it. Using liberal calculations, about 6.5 billion of them need to know Jesus as their Lord as Savior. That’s why it’s so important for all of us to work together for the purpose of sharing the Gospel, the Good News of Jesus Christ.
That is the reason Agape Home Fellowship (AHF) exists: To share Christ. Our vision and mission are wrapped up in establishing house churches. We believe in the house church and we believe the “wave of the future” is going back to the roots of the early church. The traditional brick and mortar church has been a mighty tool of God’s hand, and continues to be used that way today! It was a brick and mortar church that brought me (and maybe you) to Christ. Perhaps you attend or pastor a brick and mortar (traditional) church today. If so, that is ok!
We do believe, however, that house churches are where God is leading us as we prepare for His final harvest. It was in the homes where God began to work in the Book of Acts; in Corinth; In Rome; In Antioch and Athens. The Apostles never established the need (nor did they see one) for a building fund. They had those already available for them. They were, and are, called homes.
At Agape, we believe in being upfront and honest. This is why we want you to know that the focus of our ministry is and will always be the house church.
We get many requests for partnership and support. In an ideal world, we would ensure the legitimacy of the request, take steps to ensure the support was going to what was promised, and approve them all. However, we don’t live in an ideal world and our funds are not infinite. Therefore we have to be very selective about our partnerships and the financial support we provide.
There are five different ways we can work together to grow the Lord’s Kingdom:
- Financial support
- Gifts to your ministry
- Assistance in planting non-AHF network house churches
- Joining the AHF network. Establishing AHF house churches where you are.
1. In order for us to consider financially supporting you or your organization, several things must occur:
- First, PRAY! Make sure this is what God is asking you and leading you to do.
- Second, please take a look at our website and get a good look at who we are. (http://www.agapehomefellowship.org/)
- Third, you must read and agree to our Statement of Faith and the Essentials of the Christians Creed (http://www.agapehomefellowship.org/about-us/what-we-believe-statement-of-faith/)
- Fourth, we must work together in the Vision of AHF to plant house churches in your area. (http://www.agapehomefellowship.org/about-us/the-vision-of-ahf/)
- Finally, you will agree to come under our apostolic covering. This does not mean we own or control any of your ministry but we would become your accountability partner in ministry and you would give deference to us in the area of house church planting and evangelism as those over you in the Lord (Hebrews 13:17).
Yes, that is A LOT to ask, but then again, supporting your ministry is asking a lot. As was mentioned earlier, in a perfect world full of resources we would not need to be so picky, but this is not that place. AHF is growing but we are still young. At this time, supporting other ministries is difficult, but it’s not impossible under the right circumstances. Once you’ve prayed, read the Statement of Faith, the Mission of AHF and agreed to the apostolic covering, and if you feel you would still like to form a relationship between your ministry and AHF, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will begin a conversation and vetting process.
2. Partnerships in ministry will work a little different. But, the keyword has to be on “PARTNER.” This means it is a two-way relationship. You give, we give, both partners benefit and the Kingdom grows (which is what all TRUE Biblical partners should want). This will be taken on a case-by-case basis. A word of caution: If your desire is to form a partnership in which we send donations to your ministry and you send us pictures and thank you letters, please don’t bother. That is not a partnership. That is us blessing you with an offering or gift to your ministry. We handle that in a different way. If you wish to develop a partnership with AHF, please email me at email@example.com.
3. If you desire a gift to your ministry, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will discuss your ministry and its needs. However, as you can see by the previous paragraphs, we are a ministry of finite resources, one with a goal of opening house churches. If your ministry falls outside of that goal, it probably will be hard for us to support you. Again, we believe in being upfront and honest.
4. Perhaps you wish to plant house churches but have no desire to join the AHF network of house churches. Well, that’s OK too. We can and will help you do that, time permitting. What we will require from you is that you read and agree to the AHF Statement of Faith in part 1. We can then work together to mentor you in setting up house churches in your area. The most important thing for us is the fulfilling of the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. It doesn’t matter who does it. If we have resources that will help you fulfill it, we will certainly do what we can. In instances such as these, we would not provide that apostolic covering, as we would assume there was already one. If you wish to start house churches in your area and want the help of AHF, please email me at email@example.com.
5. Finally, brethren, if you desire to join us and coming into the Agape Home Fellowship network of house churches, know that we would love to do that. Part of the benefit of joining the AHF network is you join the AHF leadership team and come under the apostolic covering of the AHF. We would first ask that you complete the five steps mentioned above under “financial support,” understanding you would have to agree to our terms and conditions. We then ask that you look at our page on starting a house church (http://www.agapehomefellowship.org/im-interested-in-hosting-a-house-church-in-my-home/). After you’ve done that and agreed that this is what God wants for you and your ministry, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Facebook so we can discuss this joint mission in God’s Kingdom and go on to the next step.
May God richly bless you and may He grow HIS Kingdom!
Nelson W. Lee,
AHF – Pastor and Teacher