Examples of Praying People
“Moses said to the LORD, “Why have you dealt ill with your servant? And why have I not found favor in your sight, that you lay the burden of all this people on me? Did I conceive all this people? Did I give them birth, that you should say to me, ‘Carry them in your bosom, as a nurse carries a nursing child,’ to the land that you swore to give their fathers? Where am I to get meat to give to all this people? For they weep before me and say, ‘Give us meat, that we may eat.’ I am not able to carry all this people alone; the burden is too heavy for me. If you will treat me like this, kill me at once, if I find favor in your sight, that I may not see my wretchedness.” – Numbers 11:11-15
- Notice the honesty. He seriously wants to know why he has to nurture such a rebellious people.
- Moses recognizes his inadequacies.
- He realizes he needs the help that only God can give. This is humility.
- We need to realize it is OK to be brutally honest with God. After all…He already knows what we are feeling and thinking.
- It’s OK to doubt (read 11:21, 22)
- God always has an answer: 11: 16 – 35
UNDER CONSTRUCTION! MORE TO COME!!